Mount Royal, QC
Groupe Dynamite is a global fashion retailer with two brands at the heart of its success, Garage and Dynamite. We operate close to 400 stores in Canada and worldwide, and employ over 6,000 people. We have our roots planted firmly in the terrain of fashion’s retail landscape.
As Canadian leaders in the international retail landscape, the Garage and Dynamite banners continue to stand out in an increasingly saturated market. Our passionate team continues to lead the expansion of the business in new markets, including E-commerce, while always leveraging our shared values.
We are proud to hire and retain inspiring leaders, motivated by their desire to achieve great things and recognized for their entrepreneurial spirit.
The Head Barista is responsible for the team of Baristas whose main function is to handle orders and sales transactions. He/she must maintain an impeccable standard of hygiene as well as monitor the proper rotation and price labelling of products for sale in the service area. He/she is the link between the customer and the Executive Chef, and must ensure proper communication between the two according to the Executive Chef’s instructions. He/she must also complete other support tasks as requested by the Executive Chef.
- Greet clients and handle food orders as needed by providing the correct product information and by looking for ways to increase sales;
- Prepare speciality coffees according to Atrium standards;
- Use a cash register and take cash or credit/debit card payments from clients, count money with accuracy and provide clients with their change if necessary, and follow all policies and procedures regarding the handling of money;
- Open/close two cashes everyday;
- Prepare/balance deposits and floating cash for the next day;
- Clean and fill coffee station and cash area;
- Maintain and fill presentation area;
- Follow operational policies and procedures of the company, including those regarding health and safety, in order to ensure the safety of colleagues throughout the shift;
- Use Excel to complete data entry of inventory items bought from suppliers (training provided);
- Ability to stay calm during busy periods or special events in order ensure that Atrium standards are respected and to provide a good example for the team;
- Ensure proper training for the current team and for new members;
- Manage the coffee station in our 5540 Ferrier office (connected building);
- Ability to control the influx of clients and minimize the wait time during busy periods;
- Ensure that the cleanliness of the service area and team dress code conforms to requirements set out by the Executive Chef and MAPAQ;
- Ensure the restocking of drinks in the fridge and snacks at the counter;
- Carry out orders with suppliers;
- Carry out the inventory;
- Promote products to increase Atrium sales;
- Contribute to the Atrium’s success (ideas, improvements, solutions, etc.);
- Complete weekly planning while keeping budget in mind;
- Perform other tasks as needed.
You will be rewarded for your contribution and dedication with a competitive salary and a bonus plan. We also offer a registered retirement savings plan in Canada and a flexible group insurance plan that meets all your needs thanks to personalized coverage, as well as an employee discount in our stores.
Groupe Dynamite is committed to employment equity. Only those candidates who have been retained will be contacted for an interview.Requirements
- Must be able to work different shifts during opening hours, which are Monday to Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., 5 days a week;
- Must be available in the evening for occasional company cocktail events in order to assist with service.
- At least 1 of year of experience in a similar role.
- Ability to interact with clients and colleagues in a friendly, enthusiastic and cheerful way;
- Experience with handling money and customer service preferred;
- Sociable, friendly and professional;
- Comfortable with numbers;
- Ability to set priorities;
- Ability to provide leadership;
- Bilingual (English and French).