Employer: We Cater Inc.
Position: Head Chef
Terms of Employment: 23 Weeks – May 1, 2020 to October 8, 2020
Location: Minden, Ontario – Camp Onondaga
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and increases in salary.
Salary: $24.10 to $34.10 per hour
We Cater Inc. is a Summer camp catering company looking for a Chef for season 2020.
· Feeding over 600 people every day, every meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts and snacks);
· Creation of menus and new recipes;
· Maintain records of food costs, consumptions and sales;
· Maintain inventories;
· Make food and kitchen supplies requisitions;
· Prepare and cook food on a regular basis or for special guests or functions;
· Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods;
· Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling food; and
food for customers with special diets, food allergies or intolerances.
· 5 years of experience as a chef;
· Completion of a related College diploma is considered an asset;
· Supervisory experience;
· Experience creating and preparing meals for large groups of people;
· Experience with menu planning, food budgeting and inventory control;
· Ability to stand for long periods of time;
· Excellent oral communication skills;
· Positive attitude; and
· Able to work in a team environment.
Optional: Room and board available at no charge.