Head Pizza Chef
Employer: Joe’s Italian Kitchen
Position: Head Pizza Chef
Terms of Employment: Permanent / Full Time
Location: Almonte, Ontario
Hours of Work: 44 hours/week
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and increases in salary.
· Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Joes Italian Kitchen.
· Monitor sanitation practices
· Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for all kitchen areas
· Check the quality of raw or cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
· Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
· Control food cost and product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
· Instruct cooks or other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, or presentation of all food pizza and pinsa products according to proper Italian cooking techniques.
· Price menu items, establish portion sizes, and prepare standard recipe cards for all menu items.
· Schedule personnel as required for anticipated business activity according to budget.
· Inspect supplies, equipment, or work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
· Order or requisition food, equipment, or other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
· Ensure that deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant's receiving policies and procedures.
· Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
· Meet with sales representatives to negotiate prices or order supplies.
· Administrate all human resource functions pertaining to the kitchen including performance reviews and general orientation of new employees
· Demonstrate new Italian cooking techniques or equipment to staff.
· Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant's preventative maintenance programs.Requirements
· Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a pizza chef;
· In-depth knowledge of authentic Italian dishes, ingredients and spices;
· In-depth knowledge of traditional Italian pizza cooking methods;
· Pinsa experience;
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
· Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays;
· Secondary school diploma;
· Pizzaiolo certification is considered an asset; and
· Pinsa certification is considered an asset.