Healthcare Food Service General Help – Float Position
You may not know our name but you know where we are! At Compass, we turn ordinary acts of service into extraordinary moments that make a difference. Think you can do the same? Then come to work with us—the largest foodservice and support services provider in the world.We’re growing bigger and better all the time. How did we become the seventh largest employer globally? It all starts with our commitment to great people, great service, and great results. Join us.
Why work with Compass Group Canada? We are the leading foodservice and support services company. We serve millions of customers each year and generate nearly $2 billion in revenue. We are proud to be a team of 500,000 associates worldwide. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, GreatService, Great Results!
Marquise Hospitality, a Division of Compass Group Canada, specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 110 different locations across Canada providing services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
Marquise Hospitality is currently looking for Food Service General Help stafffor all its locations in Victoria & Saanichton, BC.
Location: Vancouver Island Health Authority (VIHA) Marquise Multi Sites(Victoria & Saanichton)
Hours: May include – 7:00 am to 7:00 pm; 11:00 am to 7:00 pm; 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Days of Work: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday (/Wednesday, Thursday Off)
Job Status: Permanent Full-Time
Hourly Rate: $16.40 plus appropriate shift premiums
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work in all areas of the Food Service operation, including food issuing and preparation, tray assembly, meal and supply delivery to residents and patients areas, dish room, and customer service.
- Responsibilities include washing and sanitizing of dishware, cooks’ pots, pans, other cooking equipment, cleaning dish room, dish pit, and tray delivery.
- Respects patient confidentiality at all times.
- Practices safe food handling techniques at all times.
- Ensures sanitizers and cleaning products are in place.
- Maintains the cleanliness and tidiness of assigned areas.
- Ensures that all safety standards are adhered to other related duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results will be required. **
- Minimum, grade 10 education required.
- Basic Food Safe Certification required.
- Must be willing to work at all Marquise VIHA sites.
- Must be able to interact with residents, patients and staff congenially.
- English proficiency, verbal and written to allow safe performance of the job.
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak English (or other languages as necessary), follow written and verbal instructions and complete simple computational skills.
- Previous experience in health care environment.
- Strong verbal communication, reading and writing abilities required.
- Knowledge of therapeutic diets an asset.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift 25 lbs from floor to shoulder.
- Follow Marquise and VIHA Quality Assurance, Health and Safety Program and WHMIS regulations.
- Ability to work with others effectively, in a team, and follow through completely with all tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be legally entitiled to work in Canada at the time of the job application.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!