Offer published on Mar 10
The head chef ensures the smooth running of the kitchen operations. In collaboration with the executive chef; he plans, organizes, directs and controls kitchen operations in order to achieve the quality and quantity standards set by the company. Involved directly in daily operations, he sees in the training and the good performance of the members of his brigade. With his leadership and managing qualities, he develops and maintains team spirit and creates a strong sense of belonging. The head chef also continuously maintains its operating costs by maximizing productivity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Participates in the reputation of the restaurant in collaboration with the executive chef.
· Contributes to the planning and preparation of menus for the restaurant.
· Performs daily inspections of the kitchen and its parameters.
· Ensures customer satisfaction by the speed of service and the quality of the dishes presented.
· Acts as a trainer for brigade members, mainly members of the management team.
· Manages different human resources components (hiring, training, scheduling, work breakdown, performance evaluation, discipline, etc.).
· Ensures compliance with hygiene, sanitation, and occupational health and safety standards.
· Manages financial resources (budget preparation, control of operating costs, etc.) and material resources (inventory management, supplies, negotiations with suppliers, etc.) allocated to his department.
· Ensures efficient management of the food inventory to ensure the quality of the products used and minimize losses.
· Keeps track of purchases, the quality of goods received;
· Communicates and collaborates with the dining room management team to ensure the overall smooth running of restaurant operations.
· Maintains an ongoing link with other hotel departments and various internal and external stakeholders.
· Performs any other tasks deemed essential for the smooth running of the kitchen
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Diploma in institutional cooking or equivalent;
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position;
• Significant work experience, ideally in a similar position;
• Developed leadership;
• Organizational skills;
• Excellent communication skills.
Are you interested?
Send your application to this employer
*For this job offer, you must apply on the employer's website.