Kitchen Help - Surrey Memorial Hospital Cafe
We are Canada’s leading food service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Our associates impact the lives of millions of people across Canada each year by serving delicious, nutritious meals and by providing cleaning and maintenance services in a variety of key markets including education, healthcare, business and industry, sports and leisure.
One of our Divisions - Morrison Healthcare, is currently hiring for General Kitchen Help position for Surrey Memorial Hospital Cafe.
Morrison Healthcare focuses on knowing what's important to running a hospital culinary program, which allows our hospital partners to focus on their core competency: patient care. The sole focus of Morrison is feeding patients, visitors and healthcare employees.
Why work with us!
- Endless Advancement Opportunities.
- Friendly Work Environment.
- Competitive Pay.
- Full Training and Development Courses.
- Recognition and Awards Program.
- Flexible Hours.
- Employee Rewards Program.
- Food preparation and service of food and beverage to customers.
- Some basic baking may be required.
- Must follow all Food Safety and Health & Safety standards.
- Able to read and follow recipes.
- Familiar with various types of kitchen equipment, including: rationale ovens, pizza oven.
- Restocking retail merchandise.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area.
- Prepare and deliver catering orders.
- Maintain dining room and condiment stands clean and tidy.
- Cleaning of equipment and stations as per Compass Health & Safety standards.
- Some cash handling duties may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
A variety of shifts are available!
- Excellent Customer Service.
- Food Safe Certificate Level 1.
- Minimum one year experience in food service and cash handling.
- High standard of personal hygiene.
- Able to lift up to 25 kg.
- Able to follow direction regarding production and display of product by management.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Tuberculosis Screening Test results will be required. *
- Number of openings: 2
- Start date: As Soon As Possible
- Compensation: $16.52 per hour + applicable shift differential
- Location: Surrey Memorial Hospital - Surrey, BC.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities. Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation.