The cook prepares and cooks the food. He or she can perform the same functions as the dishwashers. Kitchen helpers are included in this work group.
- Prepares food for meal service
- Complies with preparation time standards
- Maintains consistency in the quality of the preparations as per taste, appearance
and cooking time
- Complies with the Bâton Rouge recipes
- Applies health regulations as to cleanliness
- Applies safety regulations
- Ensures his or her work area is clean
- Unpacks and stores provisions in the refrigerators, the storage room and other storage areas
- Stores the products and preparations according to the conservation period
- Rotates inventory
A certain amount of manual dexterity and physical endurance are required as are the ability to work as part of a team and maintain the pace of production. Attention to detail and quick understanding are required.