At Bottega, we strive to offer the highest quality food products, wine and service. Our menu is inspired by Neapolitan cuisine and the freshest market produce and the pizza is cooked in our Vesuvian rock wood-burning oven. The Bottega team works diligently to provide a warm and welcoming ambience, providing guests with a memorable dining experience.
We are currently looking for a Line Cook who will share our vision of serving quality foods using quality ingredients.
The candidates will be responsible for preparing and plating all appetizers in the cold section and the grill section. As well as, the plating and preparation of various desserts and gelato. The candidates should be able to communicate and work with the staff to ensure meals are prepared and served in a timely manner. It involves handling foods within a fast-paced environment. The candidate is also responsible to maintain a clean workstation while properly following kitchen safety protocol.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients
• Prepare menu items according to Bottega recipes
• Prepare food in a timely manner
• Assist other cooks as needed
• Monitor inventory and check freshness
• Ensure appealing plate presentation
• Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
• Knowledge of culinary techniques and kitchen equipment
• Experience with food preparation and food handling
• Ability to follow recipes
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to co-operate and work in a team
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent time management abilities
• Bilingual French and English
• Certificate or Diploma from a recognized culinary school
• Minimum one-year experience in a similar role