At Bottega, we strive to offer the highest quality food products, wine and service. Our menu is inspired by Neapolitan cuisine and the freshest market produce. The Bottega team works diligently to provide a warm and welcoming ambience, providing guests with a memorable dining experience.
We are currently looking for a line-cook who will share our vision of serving quality foods using quality ingredients.
The line-cook is responsible for following recipes and preparing dishes. The candidate should be able to communicate and work with the staff to ensure meals are prepared and served in a timely manner. It involves cooking and handling foods within a fast-paced environment. The candidate is also responsible for maintaining a clean workstation while properly following kitchen safety protocol.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils, equipment and stock food items
• Prepare and cook menu items according to Bottega recipes
• Cook food in a timely manner
• Assist other cooks as needed
• Monitor inventory and check freshness
• Maintain quality control of each plate
• Ensure appealing plate presentation
• Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen areaRequirements
• Previous work experience as a Grilladin or Line Cook
• Knowledge of culinary techniques and kitchen equipment
• Experience with food preparation and food handling
• Ability to follow recipes
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to co-operate and work in a team
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent time management abilities
• Bilingual French and English
• Certificate or Diploma from a recognized culinary school