Offer published on Jan 30
Work place : 1050 Rue De La Gauchetière O, Montréal, QC H3B 4C9
Status: Full time
Salary: 65 000$ per year
Acquired in 2018 by Tidan, this hotel is located in the heart of the Montreal metropolis. The Marriott Château Champlain is a 1-minute walk from the metro, accessible by an underground route, adjacent to the Bell Centre and also by 1000 de la Gauchetière. This iconic and emblematic hotel in Montreal was completely renovated in 2021, with 36 floors, 614 rooms, 13 suites, 25 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 1000 customers. If you are looking for a stylish and modern work environment, join the inspiring team of one of the largest hotels in downtown Montreal.
Reporting to the Director of Restaurant Outlets, the Restaurant Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the food and beverage services, including the restaurant, bar, and room service. In general, this position is responsible for service efficiency, employee management, and ensuring customer satisfaction in the respective departments.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Support employees - Training and development.
- Actively participate in staff recruitment efforts.
- Participate in annual performance evaluations.
- Manage and coordinate daily restaurant operations.
- Ensure adherence to standards.
- Control inventories and quality.
- Administer schedules and reservations.
- Make decisions related to operations.
- Be identifiable and accessible to customers at all times.
- Be active in general preventive maintenance.
- Take charge of customer issues and respond to them as much as possible.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Communication skills.
- Proficient in a multitasking environment.
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Time management.
- Adaptability, flexibility, and versatility.
- Judgment and decision-making.
- College degree in restaurant management is an asset.
- 2 years of experience in a similar position in a unionized environment.
- Advanced knowledge of computer applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and certain restaurant software such as Micros.
- Ability to work in a team.
Languages: Bilingualism (French and English) in both spoken and written communication is required for this position, as we serve an international clientele.
Who are we:
Tidan is a hotel and real estate group in business for 52 years with a portfolio of 12 hotels and more than 65 real estate properties, as well as the largest tennis club across North America. To learn more about Tidan, visit our website: https://www.tidan.com/en/.
Why join our team:
Apart from competitive salaries, we offer benefits, such as group insurance which constitutes life insurance, disability insurance, and medical and dental insurance, in addition to vision care. Our employees have 24/7 virtual access to healthcare professionals through the Employee Assistance Program. You have personal days and vacations that are planned according to the department and the hotel you join. A bonus is also provided via our referral program and more.
Social life is at the heart of the company, especially after the pandemic, each hotel has a social calendar. The Tidan Human Resources team is always there to listen to you and support you on your journey through the company.
We believe in teamwork and are committed to creating a high-performing team whether through training or by strengthening team relationships. We have an admiration for our employees who set themselves professional challenges and we support them in achieving them. Take the step and join the Tidan team through our many job opportunities, whether in the hotel or real estate sector, there is a place for you.
DEC (Diplôme d'études secondaires)