Red Seal Chef
We are Canada’s leading food service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Our associates impact the lives of millions of people across Canada each year by serving delicious, nutritious meals and by providing cleaning and maintenance services in a variety of key markets including education, healthcare, business and industry, sports and leisure.
One of our divisions -Marquise Hospitality is currently looking for a Chef for its Berwick House property in Victoria, BC.
Marquise Hospitality, a Division of Compass Group Canada, specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 110 different locations across Canada providing services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
Why work with us!
- Endless Advancement Opportunities.
- Friendly Work Environment.
- Competitive Pay.
- Full Training and Development Courses.
- Recognition and Awards Program
- Employee Rewards Program.
We are seeking candidates who believe our service promise of putting Resident First (R1) by Connecting, Serving and Caring. If you’re an individual who lives the promise of “warm and caring experience that starts with ME,” then we want YOU!
With this position, you will have the opportunity to live and work in the welcoming community of Victoria, BC. Situated in the beautiful Vancouver Island region, Victoria offers and excellent quality of life, including a wide range of outdoor and indoor recreational choices for families and outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy. This is Vancouver Island at its best!
Marquise Hospitality is currently looking for a Chef for its Berwick Houseproperty in Victoria, BC.
Shifts: Part Time/Casual with opportunities to move to Full Time
Compensation: $21.00 per hour
Start Date: Open Until Filled.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Chefs, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Take responsibility for daily shift operations, such as preparation, cooking and presentation of meals.
- Be vigilant of food cost, ordering requirements, inventory, and production levels.
- Assist in preparation and execution of catering events and special functions.
- Direct and supervise cooks and dishwashing associates.
- Prepare of all components of the meal.
- Follow the recipes/menu provided.
- Ensure overall quality and presentation of the food is appealing.
- Ensure meals are served on time.
- Sanitizing all work surfaces and equipment used.
- Wash and store pots and pans.
- Plate meals including snacks, desserts and salads.
- Beware of any and follow restricted dietary needs of residents/patients.
- Restock work areas and ensure proper stock rotation.
- Clean the kitchen as per cleaning schedule.
- Maintain confidentiality of all residents and personnel information.
- Complete required HACCP logs.
- Assist with scheduling and staff replacement.
- Maintain safe work environment at all times.
- Perform duties as per health and safety guidelines.
- Other reasonable requests from management.
- Ensure strict compliance with the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
Think you have what it takes to be our Chef? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
- Red Seal Certificate
- Advanced Foodsafe Certificate
- Post-secondary education in culinary or related studies.
- Five years of kitchen experience, preferably in a fine dining establishment or high end retirement community.
- Creative ability to apply trendy food items and presentations to operations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, paying attention to accuracy and detail.
- Willingness to accommodate a flexible work schedule (including weekends).
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Tuberculosis Screening Test results will also be required. **
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!