Restaurant Assistant Manager
Employer: Konjiki Ramen
Position: Restaurant Assistant Manager
Terms of Employment: Permanent / Full Time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or increases in salary.
· Building sales by developing loyal customer advocates by providing a consistent, predictable Guest Experience;
· Managing daily operations by using opening and closing duty lists;
· Monitor and review staff performance;
· Communicating expectations, motivating and developing staff members;
· Fostering an atmosphere of hard work, discipline, respectful communication, cooperation and positivity amongst all staff;
· Managing staff effectiveness and developing their skills by conducting food preparation training;
· Estimating the monthly/weekly usage of different type of food ingredients/supplies and place order request in a cost efficiently way;
· Keep searching for new food local/japan ingredients to recommend to head chefs/chefs/Japan headquarters to make new menu items;
· Designing and budgeting for all private events/summerlicious/winterlicious events to calculate food costs and quantity needed for operations;
· Contacting local breweries/wine suppliers and arrange them for potential food pairing menu and sponsorship;
· Working with health regulatory and AGCO regulatory officers to walk through all health inspection and ensure we have a clean and safe environment for our workers.
· Communicating and negotiating arrangements with Japan head office and Canadian Franchise corporation for operation flows and improvements;
· Working and communicating with Marketing Director for new product promotion and launching campaign;
· ensure health and safety regulations are followed
· Handling customers inquiry about products and history of the brands (from Japan) and working to resolve customer complaints;
· Taste products daily to ensure high-quality standard;
· Control inventory, monitor revenues and modify procedures and prices
· Auditing the accuracy of the POS (Point-of-Sales system) and menu items.
· Preparing and analyzing sales performance data and customer feedback;
· Controlling cash and other receipts; and perform cash clearing procedure for the end of day closing process;
· Incorporating Japanese culture into the menu items and promoting/educating customers about our food and drinks to the local market.Requirements
· Supervisory experience in a restaurant
· 2+ years of experience in the food sector
· 2+ years of experience in customer service
· Experience working in a high-volume restaurant, fast-paced, Japanese Restaurant.