Employer: Akira Back
Position: Sous Chef
Terms of Employment: Permanent / Full Time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and increases in salary. Eligible for extended medical insurance.
Salary: $52,000 to $55,000
· Execute an upscale authentic regional Michelin inspired modern Japanese/ Korean menu
· Expertly cutting, slicing, and filleting different types of fish.
· Inspecting the quality of fruits, vegetables, and fish used to prepare sushi dishes and informing the Executive Chef when quality is sub-standard.
· Preparing various types of sushi dishes according to established guidelines on quality, portion size, presentation, and food safety.
· Maintaining a clean work environment in order to prevent food contamination.
· Regularly taking inventory of food supplies and other products.
· Reporting any problems with kitchen equipment to the manager on duty.
· Sterilizing all utensils, instruments, and equipment used in sushi preparation before every use.
· Communicating with wait staff to ensure that special requests and food allergy considerations are metRequirements
· Secondary School is required
· 2-3 years of experience as a chef/sous chef is required;
· Experience at a modern Japanese restaurant is required:
· As per business requirements – Flexibility required with significant time investment during periods of heavy business demand;
· Requires mental stamina and acuity
· Positive attitude and inherent coach for the team
· Trouble shooting when service issues arise
· Ability to apply pressure when needed
· Long periods of standing and walking
· Repetitive use of hands, dexterity, bending down.