Sous Chef - Berwick by the Sea
Campbell River, BC
Imagine working in a place that is recognized as a premiere hospitality company, operating across Canada. We are Canada’s leading foodservice and support services company with over 24,000 associates working across the country.
Marquise Hospitality, a division of Compass Group, provides food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
What’s in it for you?
- Recognized as “2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality.”
- Endless advancement opportunities.
- Friendly work environment.
- Competitive pay.
- Full training and development courses.
- Recognition and awards program.
- Extended health plan for part-time and full-time team members.
- Perks –amazing savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance, car rentals, etc.
We are currently looking for 1 full-time Sous Chef for Berwick by the Sea in Campbell River, BC. This is an excellent position with room for advancement.
Start Date: March 30th, 2019
Hourly Rate: $21.50/hr to start.
$22.00/hr after probationary period.
Hours per week: 40
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Sous Chefs, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Assist the Executive Chef in the unit, taking over the Executive Chefs duties in his/her absence.
- Assist the Executive Chef with inventories, cost controls, requisitioning, and issuing supplies and equipment for food production.
- Prepare and supervise the culinary team in preparation of a wide variety of foods in addition to sharing food knowledge with the team.
- Be directly involved in menu planning and development, expenditures and maintaining proper inventory levels.
- Ensure good client relationships are maintained and that the client is satisfied with the service and menu options provided.
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office.
- Make recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen, its equipment and other areas as appropriate.
- Working admin 1 day a week to build a strong and efficient management system and aid daily logistics.
- Must be available to answer questions or coach staff by phone.
- Participate in all Compass required training and programs.
What we looking for?
We are seeking candidates who believe our service promise of putting Resident First (R1) by Connecting, Serving and Caring. If you’re an individual who lives the promise of “warm and caring experience that starts with ME,” then we want YOU!
Think you have what it takes to be our Sous Chef? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
- Red Seal Chef Certification.
- Four years of related culinary supervisory experience in a fast-paced production-oriented environment.
- Strong background in banquet and catering functions with high-volume production.
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation.
- Supervisory skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates.
- Hard-working team player with ability to prioritize effectively.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Able to work flexible hours to accommodate business needs, may require evening and weekend availability.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results may be required. **
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!