Côte Saint-Luc, QC
Sous Chef Overview
We are looking for a professional Sous Chef to be the second in command in our kitchen, following our Executive Chef’s specifications and guidelines. The ideal candidate will employ his/her culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers’ satisfaction. The role of Sous-Chef is hands-on, by cooking the kitchen and by creating a culture that revolves around the experience and enjoyment of food.
- Help in the preparation and design of all food and drinks menus;
- produce high-quality plates both design and taste;
- ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards;
- fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary;
- resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation;
- manage and train kitchen staff, establish the schedule and assess staff’s performance;
- order supplies to stock inventory appropriately;
- comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards;
- maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and clients.
- 3+ years of experience as a Sous-Chef or similar leadership role;
- understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures;
- excellent record of kitchen and staff management;
- accuracy and speed in handling situations and providing solutions;
- familiar with industry’s best practices including health and safety regulations;
- basic working knowledge of various computer software programs;
- MAPAQ certified;
- Culinary DEP or comparable certification/experience
WHO ARE WE?
Beso Montreal is one of the leading kosher food service providers in Montreal, with a reputation for amazing quality, service and, of course, excellent cuisine! We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and the ability to amaze our clients, event after event, day after day. Our workforce is made up of a diverse group of individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who each bring their talent and enthusiasm to the job every day. If you are interested in learning, creating meaningful connections, being part of events that our clients will remember for a lifetime, join us and grow your career with one of the many opportunities at Beso Montreal!
**CANDIDATES WHO RESIDE IN THE GREATER-MONTREAL AREA AND WHO MEET ALL JOB REQUIREMENTS ONLY PLEASE