Offer published on Mar 10
The sous-chef ensures the smooth running of his kitchen operations. In collaboration with the chef de cuisine, he plans, organizes, directs and controls the operation of the kitchen to ensure adequate quality and quantity standards set by the company. Involved directly in daily operations, he sees to the training and the good performance of the members of his brigade. Through his leadership and management skills, he develops and maintains team spirit and creates a strong sense of belonging. He maximizes returns and ensures continuous control of the various operating costs.
Essential job functions:
- • Performs daily inspections of the kitchen and its parameters.
- • Ensures customer satisfaction by the speed of service and the quality of the dishes presented.
- • Acts as a trainer for brigade members, mainly members of the management team.
- • Manages human resources components (hiring, training, scheduling, work distribution, performance appraisal, discipline, etc.).
- • Ensures compliance with hygiene, sanitation, health and safety standards.
- • Contributes to the planning and preparation of menus for banquets and events;
- • Manage the financial resources (budget preparation, control of operating costs, etc.) and material resources (inventory management, supplies, negotiations with suppliers, etc.) allocated to his department.
- • Ensures efficient management of the food inventory to ensure the quality of the products used and minimize losses.
- • Keeps track of purchases, the quality of goods received and ensures tight tracking of inventory to avoid theft
- • Communicates and collaborates with the dining room management team to ensure the overall smooth running of banquets and events.
- • Maintains an ongoing link with other hotel departments and various internal and external stakeholders;
Qualifications and required skills:
- • Diploma in institutional cooking or equivalent;
- • Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position;
- • Significant experience in gourmet cuisine;
- • Developed leadership;
- • Organizational skills;
- • Excellent communication skills.
Are you interested?
Send your application to this employer
*For this job offer, you must apply on the employer's website.