LABARAKE restaurant is looking for a Sous Chef to complete its kitchen team.
Under the authority of the Chef, the sous-chef coordinates the kitchen team and coordinates the production and service of meals and other dishes while ensuring compliance with the kitchen standards
The ideal candidate will:
- Ensure the coordination of tasks
- Keep kitchen areas clean
- Ensure the production of meals in quantity and quality
- Perform daily inspection of work areas
- Manage production surpluses and avoid food waste
- Ensure the quality of meals and other dishes before their installation or distribution
- Coordinate the setting up and presentation of meals and dishes
- Coordinate the freshness of meals and prepared meals
- Ensure compliance with MAPAQ and CNESST standards in the kitchen
- Ensure compliance with handling and portioning standards
- Have skills and experience in personnel management
- Establish a work environment focused on collaboration, mutual aid and employee development
- Report any problematic situation to your supervisor
- Help the chef in taking inventory
- Assist the chef in checking the merchandise upon receipt
- Ensure stock rotation according to company standards
- 2 to 4 years of experience in a similar position.
- College diploma in management or professional study diploma in culinary arts, combined with relevant experience.
- Ability to work in a team and mobilize a team.
- Demonstrate judgment and leadership.