Special Diet Chef
Offer published on Mar 06
Employer: We Cater Inc.
Position: Special Diet Chef
Terms of Employment: Term or contract/Full Time – 24 weeks: April 24, 2023 to October 8, 2023
Location: Minden, Ontario
Employment Address: Camp Onondaga – 1120 Rackety Trail, Minden, Ontario K0M 2K0
Hours of Work: 30 hours per week
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and increases in salary. Room and board available at no charge (optional). Eligible for company paid certifications and/or training (ie. Food Handler Certificate).
Salary: $26.06 CAD per hour
Contact: Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Special Diet Chef” in the email subject line.
- Prepare food for customers with special diets, food allergies or intolerances;
- Maintain records of food consumptions;
- Maintain inventories of the special diets and allergies area;
- Make food supplies requisitions for specialty menu, based on regular menu;
- Prepare and cook food on a regular basis or for special guests or functions;
- Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods;
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling food; and
- Create new recipes and menus based on regular menu.
· Creation of menus
· Assist in the hiring process and training of staffAssisting at food fairs, congress
- 3+ years of experience as a chef or sous chef;
- 1+ years of experience planning menus and preparing meals for special diets, tolerances and allergies;
· Relevant supervisory experience;
· Completion of a related a post-secondary program is required
· Ability to stand for long periods of time;
· Good communication skills;
· Positive attitude;
· Able to work in a team environment;
· Great organizational skills;
· Able to train and share knowledge with all the staff.