Employer: Konjiki Ramen
Position: Specialty Chef
Terms of Employment: Permanent/ Full Time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Hours of Work: 36 hours/week
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or increases in salary.
· Cook guests orders according to their preferences;
· Employ food safe best practices and make sure all kitchen staff members do the same;
· Sample ingredients and materials from central kitchen daily and report to the Michelin chef for any variations;
· Coach kitchen assistants and other cooks on how to make appetizers and prepare, cook, garnish and present food, with some use of machinery imported from Japan;
· Order and maintain an appropriate supply at the restaurant;
· Calculate food wastage and consumption rate on a monthly basis to identify any potential inefficiencies of the inventory-storage system;
· Work quickly and accurately during busy periods, such as evening and weekends;
· Occasionally takes on extra duties – cleaning, when the kitchen is short-staffed;
· Takes directions and works with restaurant head chef and management team;
· Create and plan new menu with management team (take out menu/seasonal special menu); and
· Request food and kitchen supplies from suppliers and central kitchen.Requirements
· Experience as a chef specializing in Japanese cuisine;
· In-depth knowledge and experience with Japanese ingredients and various cooking methods;
· Experience in a Japanese restaurant is required.
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment; and
· Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays.