Starbucks Barista - FT/
We are Canada’s leading food service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Our associates impact the lives of millions of people across Canada each year by serving delicious, nutritious meals and by providing cleaning and maintenance services in a variety of key markets including education, healthcare, business and industry, sports and leisure.
One of our divisions - Chartwells is looking for high-energy people who like to work hard in a fun environment, have a positive attitude, excellent customer service skills and an outgoing personality. Currently we have both full time and part time opportunities at our Starbucks coffee shop, located in the SFUBurnaby Campus.
Chartwells, a division of Compass Group Canada, offers programs and solutions that fits students unique needs and it committed to providing responsible, healthy-eating solutions & education to its customers.
What’s in it for you?
- Recognized as “2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality”!
- Endless Advancement Opportunities!
- Friendly Work Environment!
- Competitive Pay!
- Full Training and Development Courses!
- Recognition and Awards Program!
- Employee Rewards Program (savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance, car rentals, etc.)!
• Basic Food preparation, sandwich making, and presentation.
• Cashiering - Responsible for cash handling.
• Assist with the cleanliness of store.
• Stocking of supplies for retail area.
• Responsible for food and beverage display items.
• Ensure overall presentation of food is appealing.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Maintain Safe Environment at all times.
• Perform food or beverage preparation.
• Other reasonable requests from management.
• Ability to multitask in a busy environment.
APPLY NOW and OPEN the door for your new opportunities with Compass Group Canada.
- High School Diploma.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Physical ability to perform required tasks.
- Ability to communicate with managers, other employees, and customers.
- Class 5 driving License is an asset.
- Previous experience in a fast pace and/or restaurant environment is preferred.
- Candidates must be fully flexible, especially for weekend shifts.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment**
- Start date: May 1, 2019
- Compensation: $12.75/hr for probation 6 months period, after $17.00/hr
- Type: Full -time (up to 30 hrs a week); Part-time (under 20 hrs a week).
- Location: SFU - Burnaby, BC.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities. Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation.