Subway Sandwich Artist - Langara College Vancouver
We are Canada’s leading food service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Our associates impact the lives of millions of people across Canada each year by serving delicious, nutritious meals and by providing cleaning and maintenance services in a variety of key markets including education, healthcare, business and industry, sports and leisure.
One of our divisions - Chartwells, is currently seeking to hire highly motivated and enthusiastic full time Subway Sandwich Artist for Langara College location in Vancouver, B.C.
Chartwells, a division of Compass Group Canada, offers programs and solutions that fits students unique needs and it committed to providing responsible, healthy-eating solutions & education to its customers.
Why work with us!
- Endless Advancement Opportunities.
- Friendly Work Environment.
- Competitive Pay.
- Full Training and Development Courses.
- Recognition and Awards Program.
- Employee Rewards program.
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits (required qualification).
- Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner while greeting guests and preparing their orders.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains them to guests accurately.
- Uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record the order and compute the amount of the bill. Collects payment from guests and makes change.
- Performs Cash-In Procedure- accounting for all forms of money, bread, etc., during the shift.
- Prepares food neatly, according to formula, and in a timely manner.
- Checks products in sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift.
- Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards during food preparation, service and clean up.
- Cleans and maintains all areas of the restaurant to promote a clean image. Understands and adheres to the 3-step method for cleaning.
- Maintains a professional appearance and grooming standards.
- Other reasonable requests from management.
- Start date: As Soon As Possible.
- Compensation: Start at $13.72/hr, after 1 year of employment increase to $15.04/hr.
- Schedule: Full time.
- Location: Langara College - Vancouver,BC.
- Subway experience or food service experience.
- Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register.
- Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday.
- Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.
- High School Diploma.
- Food Safe 1 required.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to communicate with managers, residents and other employees.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities. Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation.