Supervisor - Second Cup Coffee - Vancouver
We are Canada’s leading food service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Our associates impact the lives of millions of people across Canada each year by serving delicious, nutritious meals and by providing cleaning and maintenance services in a variety of key markets including education, healthcare, business and industry, sports and leisure.
We are looking for a positive and energetic Coffee Shop Supervisor with one of our Divisions - Morrison Healthcare for Second Cup Coffee Co. at BC Children’s Hospital, Vancouver.
Why work with us!
- Endless Advancement Opportunities.
- Friendly Work Environment.
- Competitive Pay.
- Guarantee of Stable Employment.
- Full Training and Development Courses.
- Recognition and Awards Program.
- Benefits Programs.
- Employee Rewards Program.
The Supervisor works closely with the Unit Manager to oversee the efficient operation of the brand; ensuring that all policies and procedures of the Second Cup Coffee brand standard, and Compass Group Canada, are adhered to.
- Lead, motivate, and support associates on shift, ensuring they are up-selling and promoting feature products.
- Resolve any guest concerns quickly, ensure they are happy with the response.
- Resolve any associate concerns quickly, assist the unit manager if disciplinary action is required.
- Ensure adequate levels of staffing: organizing breaks; organizing cover in the event of sick calls.
- Ensure all cash handling policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Manage inventory – order and count food and other supplies.
- Coordinate catering requirements for next business day.
- Complete ORBIT data entry and weekly cash sales balancing
- Follow the Food Safety Plan as well as HACCP, WHIMIS, and all WCB regulations for a safe work place.
- Liaise with the other supervisors as required.
- Proven ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Proven leadership and problem solving skills.
- Previous lead hand or supervisory skills and experience.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to changing work routines or priorities.
- Exceptional English written and verbal skills.
- Must have a positive attitude and a genuine desire to serve customers.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must be able to lift 25 kg.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Tuberculosis Screening Test results may be required. *
- Start date: As Soon As Possible
- Type: Full-time
- Compensation: $16.00 per hour
- Benefits Eligibility Period: Immediately
- Location: BC Children’s Hospital - Vancouver, BC.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities. Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation.