Offer published on Feb 06
The Terrasse Nelligan in Old Montreal is looking for their future leader. The chef oversees the smooth running of terrace kitchen operations. In collaboration with the executive chef, they plan, organize, direct, and control kitchen operations to ensure the achievement of quality and quantity standards set by the company. Directly involved in daily operations, they oversee the training and performance of their brigade members. Through their leadership and management qualities, they develop and maintain team spirit and create a strong sense of belonging. They maximize yields and ensure continuous control of various operating costs.
What we offer:
- End-of-season bonuses;
- Possibility of a permanent year-round position;
- Taking well-deserved vacations at the end of the season and returning the following year? It's possible!
- Leading the team of one of the most beautiful rooftop terraces in Montreal
Essential job functions:
- Contributes to the notoriety of the terrace in collaboration with the executive chef.
- Contributes to the planning and preparation of menus for the restaurant.
- Conducts daily inspections of the kitchen and its parameters.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through prompt service and quality of dishes presented.
- Acts as a trainer for brigade members, mainly management team members.
- Manages human resources within their brigade (hiring, training, scheduling, workload distribution, performance evaluation, discipline, etc.).
- Ensures compliance with hygiene, cleanliness, health, and safety standards at work.
- Controls operating and material costs (inventory management, supplies, etc.) allocated to their department.
- Ensures efficient management of food inventory to ensure the quality of products used and minimize losses.
- Monitors purchases, quality of goods received, and remains vigilant regarding theft.
- Communicates and collaborates with the dining room management team to ensure the smooth overall operations of the terrace.
- Performs any other tasks deemed essential for the proper functioning of the kitchen.
- Significant work experience, ideally in a similar position;
- Developed leadership skills;
- Organizational skills;
- Mastery of hygiene and sanitation concepts;
- Excellent communication skills.