RESTAURANT ASSISTANT MANAGER
We are looking for a full time assistant manager.
Caffe Farina is Saint-Henri's newest shining star. Recently celebrating our 1 year anniversary, we cannot keep up with the growing amount of customers who love our brand. So we are looking for motivated and energetic candidate to join our Family. We are an authentic Italian restaurant , serving the best homestyle italian dishes in the area.
It is key you have a positive energetic attitude, at Caffe Farina our motto is «attitude is more important than experience». We like to keep our work environment pleasant for staff and clients.
- Oversee inventory, quality and safety
- Manages all scheduling
- Maintains the facility while upholding our standards of excellence and hospitality
- Assists manager with employee relations
- Establish and build community relations
- Ensure excellent operations in; Quality, Service and Cleanliness throughout each shift
- Manage Restaurant Controls such as; labor cost, inventory, cash procedures on a daily basis
- Follow and enforce all restaurant safety and security policies and procedures
- Coach and follow-up on crew to ensure excellent operations
- Assist in continuing growth and development of employees inside the restaurant
- Support the Manager with setting and achieving sales goals
- Assist with quality hiring, staffing and retention
- Prepare and serve great espresso and coffee drinks according to our guide
- Greet, educate and thank guests
- Speak with guests to provide suggestive/complimentary suggestions
- Inform guests of coffee, espresso and food items, personal favorites and compatible items
- Maintain a clean and well-stocked coffee & seating area
- Follow all standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing product.
- Be the coffee expert of the store:
- Be self-driven in acquiring knowledge of coffee and related products.
- Be well informed of ingredients, recipes and all items on menu
- Perform additional projects/duties as assigned by management Requirements
- Be physically able to work an eight (8) hour day or more while on your feet
- Ability to read and speak English and French
- Excellent guest service skills
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Who We Are Looking For
- Strong sense of urgency, with a customer focused mentality
- Results driven
- High expectations and standards
- People developer; able to provide ongoing feedback and training
- Outgoing personality with expertise at developing relationships and leading others
- Infectious, positive attitude that inspires others
- Basic computer knowledge a plus
- Restaurant experience required