We are Canada’s leading food service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Our associates impact the lives of millions of people across Canada each year by serving delicious, nutritious meals and by providing cleaning and maintenance services in a variety of key markets including education, healthcare, business and industry, sports and leisure.
One of our divisions -Marquise Hospitality is currently looking for a Waitstaff/General Help for one of its retirement facilities in Delta, BC.
Marquise Hospitality, a Division of Compass Group Canada, specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 110 different locations across Canada providing services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
Why work with us!
- Endless Advancement Opportunities.
- Friendly Work Environment.
- Competitive Pay.
- Full Training and Development Courses.
- Recognition and Awards Program
- Employee Rewards Program.
We are seeking candidates who believe our service promise of putting Resident First (R1) by Connecting, Serving and Caring. If you’re an individual who lives the promise of “warm and caring experience that starts with ME,” then we want YOU!
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Promptly and warmly greet guests in the dining room; take food and beverages in an efficient manner, following established steps of service.
- Deliver food promptly and professionally; maintain safe food handling and sanitation standards. Follow up periodically to assist with any additional needs or requests.
- Demonstrate complete understanding of menu items and ingredients. Advise guests on appropriate combinations of food and drinks when requested; accommodate reasonable requests and notes preferences. Demonstrate knowledge of specialized diets.
- Communicate directly with back-of-the-house staff to ensure that orders are delivered correctly and special requests are accommodated.
- Ensure that the dining room is properly set up prior to and after the service period; keep area clean and neat while meeting established sanitation standards.
# of Opening: 2 (Casual could lead to full-time)
Start Date: ASAP
Think you have what it takes to be part of our Waitstaff/General Help team? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Preference will be given to individuals who have previous experience in the food services industry.
- FoodSafe certificate
- Exceptional communications skills and ability to get along well with others.
- Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand/walk for majority of shift.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results may be required. **
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!