Chef de partie
- Property: Le Germain Hotel Ottawa
- Status: Full time, permanent
Job summary: Reporting to the Chef or Kitchen Manager the Chef de Partie is responsible for managing the kitchen team during the preparation of all food items, while ensuring the highest level of guest service.
- Understanding, adhering to and executing all kitchen operational policies + procedures, standards and training programs
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, on a regular basis, for special guests and functions.
- Manage the food preparation, cooking activities and plating and resolve guest satisfaction issues.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely service.
- Involved in the Recruitment and hiring of staff, including cooks and other kitchen employees.
- Maintaining a strong focus on achieving and/or exceeding revenue targets, within acceptable labor cost and service standard parameters.
- Monitoring and managing service, quality, health + safety and cleanliness.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
Requirements for the position:
- Minimum 2 years as Chef de Partie experience in a reputable fine dining restaurant
- Operations management experience with significant evening and catering/special events business, an asset
- Flexible to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Proven ability to plan and organize, with an acute sense of time management and attention to detail.
- Assertive, professional and positive with proven ability to develop and lead in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, outgoing, friendly, persuasive personality.